VERNACCIA DI SAN GIMIGNANO !
white wines, red wines and farm food at the farms!
Discover the most famous white wine area in Tuscany, the province of San Gimignano and the local grape "Vernaccia", probably the most ancient grape of the area, was produced in San Gimignano since the XIII Century, since 1993 a D.O.C.G. wine, produced also in different areas in can't have this particular denomination because of the particular kind of soil in this area.
Some farmers in San Gimignano produce also "Saffron", the expensive spice produced since the middle ages.
San Gimignano is a small walled town Known for his towers and his medieval architecture, still well preserved, is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site.
What the Tour includes
- Full day tour (8 hours tour)
- Visit of 2 selected wineries.
- The wine tasted: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Vernaccia di San Gimignano Riserva and or Selezione, IGT Toscana, Vinsanto, Extra virgin olive oil
- Traditional lunch, at one of our favourite wineries
- Great options for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Time to visit the town of San Gimignano
- Dynamic Tour and lots of Fun, fun, fun!
- Wineries accept credit cards, in case you like to buy some wines and every winery is able to organize a convenient shipping service.
Come to discover the white wine area of Tuscany!
Leaving Siena at 8:30 am, the tour will head to visit the first small winery where the owner or a member of the team will lead the tour from the vineyards to the wine cellars, from the fermentation to the barrel ageing followed by the tasting of their wines, not only whites but also red, including Chianti and some unruled IGT's, extra virgin olive oil, will be part of the tastings as well. The second part of the tour will be the visit to a second winery but this time, the wine tasting, will happen during the lunch, so it will be finally possible to have the proper food paring course after course with the proper wine, always with the previous explanation when it is served. The visit will include a walk around the winery with the private visit of the farm.
A stroll in the town of San Gimignano with a nice Gelato in the afternoon before to head back to Siena.
Pick up and drop off for the small group tour
Pick up from 8:30 am to 9 am, from your hotel in the city of Siena.
If your hotel is not in Siena, in the province or in another city but you like to join us, just let us know so we can find out the best way for you to join us or if it is possible to pick you up.
* if you are staying out of Siena, please contact us before to book, we can tell you if it is possible and the price for the pickup or a convenient option for you to reach us in time.
* Special requests:
for special requests please contact us let us know in advance
* Food issues or allergies:
Please let us know if you have any food issues or allergies once you decide to book the tour.
People love our wine tours !
Over 1000 reviews on TripAdvisor, hundreds of thank you messages on Facebook ... our goal is to make you spend a unique and unforgettable day, discovering the most reserved cellars, unique wines and breathtaking landscapes.